Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Kim and Ken’s house

After working some stressful weeks at work, the best thing we could have done was relax. Luckily Kim’s place was the perfect place to relax. She let me take some naps and catch up on my sleep. It was the perfect place to begin our Christmas vacation.

Abe is a heavy bugger, but was fun to be around. He talked a ton, was always active (unless watching Yo Gabba Gabba or Super Why that is).

We rented The Strangers from RedBox (It’s a good thing we had ClearPlay, or we might have seen some mushiness or defiling of a flag). It was supposed to be scary, but it was just to predictable and ‘convenient’ for the killers (Come on, a guy runs into a forest in the middle of the night to get away, and the killers magically know where he hid…. Right…). We also watched Hancock, which I liked.

Ken took me to Planet fitness, since I have a membership, and we worked on our pecks. Mine look like this now…. I promise; they really do! (Well, they actually look more like this guys, but still it was fun)

Kim had a nice experience with a hobo at Walgreens while we were there. Jessica and I were inside getting things and Kim had run outside to get something from the car. While sitting in the drivers seat with the door open, the hobo came up and was asking for stuff. He was standing in her doorway, and it freaked Kim out. She got flustered and set the keys down to give the man a bag of crackers so he would go away. Then she locked the car and came back inside. Unfortunately, she was coming back inside to tell us that the keys were still in the car. Kim waited outside while Jessica and I played with Abe inside (Ok, we mostly just watched him push a shopping cart around like a car. It was cute though)

One thing we noticed while with Abe at stores is that he makes friends with people. He watches people and smiles. People are always commenting on his eyes and how cute he is. He is a really friendly little guy.

Overall we had a lot of fun at Kim and Ken’s house. I got the nice relaxed start to our vacation that I needed, and we enjoyed spending time with the Carliles.

9 comments:

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

We were so glad that you could come! We enjoyed it so much, except for the locking the keys in the car part. Thanks for staying with us! Oh and we measure the successfulness of a shopping trip by how many friends Abe makes, he is too funny.

Charlotte said...

You are bad luck with keys locked in the car. Glad you had fun. Yo Gabba Gabba is too creepy to actually let children watch! But I love Super Why and would love to watch Abe doing anything.

Mom at Our House said...

I locked my keys in my car while at a drive-thru for a bank. It was really embarrassing. I know you are thinking how could someone do that, well I guess I will have to blog about it sometime.

Charlotte said...

Please do, Mom at Our House, now I am curious!

Brenda said...

Sounds like fun. Glad you pecks dont look like that first guy, that is kinda freeky looking (that's what I told Bryan when his got that way so he toned it down a little. I want the key story too!

Brenda said...

HOLY COW! 10 lbs in one day?? That is AMAZING, I dont see a yellow line though, has Jessica just dissapeared?

Tucker Mom said...

I didn't see any pictures and ten pounds in one day is amazing. Did you do the colon clean out thing that you have to do when you get old or what. Jessica you did disappear, what is up with that? Glad you had a good time what about Tami and Charlotte?

Boyer Family said...

That is what I was going to say. What about me?

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Everyone knows that Carlile's are not only the most important, but the coolest and the best looking, so it makes sense that he would only want to talk about us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...