Sunday, January 17, 2010

More active

I have been very absent from the who internet social society for quite a while now, but that is going to change (I hope). Starting now, I am going to post at least once a week on both this blog and on my new work orientated blog on Who Put That There.

Since I haven't updated in a long time (almost made it a full year!) I have a lot to catch up on. To make it easier, I am going to glaze over most of the last year. Luckily for me that will be easy, since I spent the majority of my time working.

June: We went to the new house being built alot, but other than that didn't do much

July: We kept going to the new house hoping we could move in. Our apartment got up to 100 degrees because the A/C didn't work and that was pretty miserable. I took my fishtank computer apart and gave it a proper case again. We didn't want the oil in the new house. It now runs in a case that has built in liquid cooling. It works WAY better now :) Jessica had a birthday on the 26th.

August: We moved into our new house. I bought a house with my parents and am paying the mortgage and utilities along with them. (Yes... I live with my parents.) I did this with them so I could save up and get my wife and I out of debt. We are well on our way and hopefully this year we will have no major debts (besides the house, of course.)

September: My sister Kim and her family came out to visit us. We went on an overnight trip to the mountains and then to Carlsbad Caverns. It was lots of fun. Jessica and I rode the motorcycle and I ended up with a sunburnt face from all the riding. You can see some pictures on my sisters blog posts here and here. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of Jessica and I handy to post any of ours.

October: We had a bunch of fun carving pumpkins in October. Jessica had to work, so I didn't really do anything this year for Halloween. We did get the dog a stupid pumpkin costume. Jessica loved how cute he was. We have some of our halloween pictures on facebook if anyone wants to see them (I doubt it though)

November: I turned 26. My good friend Scott Silver from high school got married and I went up to Utah for the reception. Brenda and Bryan came to visit us for Thanksgiving and we enjoyed having them around. Black-friday was ok, but I didn't really have much to shop for so I helped the Davis' get their stuff.

December: Jessica and I went to Leonard, Texas for Christmas. She has family out there and we had a lot of fun. I played their XBox 360 most of the time. We got to go to an ice show (They had a warehouse filled with ice sculptures of "How the grinch stole christmas"). We have pictures from this trip on facebook as well.

January: We found out that Jessica is pregnant! Yay! After two years of trying we are glad to finally be blessed with a child of our own. We're praying the pregnancy goes well and that she carries it full term.

Thats about it for me. We didn't have many pictures, because I lost my camera and we didn't get a new one until Christmas

4 comments:

Tucker Mom said...

What a great year you had. We are glad to have to with us and are so excited for Jessica and You. Can't wait for the baby to spoil.

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Yeah for blogging again. I'll have to check out pictures on facebook. The other day we were going to my friend Jess' house. I told Abe we were going there and he got so excited. He said, "aunt jessie and scotty a gog!!!" I felt terrible telling him that no, it wasn't aunt jessie and no scotty a gog wouldn't be there. He cried. It was very sweet. He still misses you guys! Congrats again on the baby. Love ya!

Charlotte said...

I will comment for real after I overcome the shock of seeing a new post! So maybe next week...

Mom at Our House said...

Congrats on the pregnancy! That is really exciting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...