Monday, April 20, 2009

broken car

So on Thursday, while I was driving to my ballet class my car started making this loud clunking nose every time the wheels would make a full turn (and sometimes brake). I decided that the clunking noise didn't sound healthy and took it to pep boys to have them look at it. After a lengthy inspection of my car they told me that the CV shaft (a.k.a. axle) needed to be replaced and that it would cost me about $400. Gordon and I took a few days to think about it and decided that we should just get it fixed instead of putting the money into a newer car (even though the 95 Ford Taurus is older than the hills and probably wont last another six months.) I was not happy about paying that much money to fix my car, but it needed to be done.


I went in to pick up the car today and they told me that I would only have to pay $253 instead of $400!!! They also accidentally fixed another problem that we had with our gear shifter. Yay for pep boys!
________________________________________________________________________________________

4 comments:

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Wow. I wish the mechanics would accidentally fix things on our cars. That is great. I'm glad you got it working and that you got a deal.

Brenda said...

no joke, an accidental fix sounds great. I am glad you got it fixed, one of the joys of budgeting. Good luck keeping it running.

Charlotte said...

Hope you didn't use up all your car luck on a cheaper price and accidental fix! Congrats on the happy mechanic story.

Boyer Family said...

I love it when that happens!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...