Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Revamping Chairs


I have these old chairs that Gordon and I bought just after we were married and they are kind of ugly looking, so I decided to revamp them. It was really easy and it only took about an hour.


First I unscrewed the padding on the chairs then I pulled off the staples and plastic.


Next I measured out the the pieces of material and I left about 2 inches of extra around the edges. Since I didn't have a stapler, I used a hot glue gun to attach the fabric.


After I finished the gluing process, I cut off the excess fabric. Here is one of the finished pieces. once I finished both parts of the chair, I screwed them back in and....


this is what it looks like when it is all finished



3 comments:

Tucker Mom said...

You just keep getting better and better. Great job, love the chairs.

ImSharon said...

I agree they look real good.

Charlotte said...

Wow. Your projects are always so great. I am impressed with all three you just posted!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...