Saturday, March 26, 2011

Bruchetta

Bruchetta!!!!
I tried this new recipe on Friday night and I loved it! I am a really, really big fan of the movie Julie and Julia and one of the first things that they eat during the move is bruchetta.

-artisan french bread
-olive oil
-salt
-pepper
-3-4 heirloom tomatoes (I just used regular romaine tomatoes)
-fresh basil to taste
-garlic powder to taste

Chop tomatoes and basil then mix together (I would recommend mincing the basil because it tastes better.) Add 2 table spoons of olive oil and let it set at room temperature for a few minuets.


Coat the bottom of a frying pan with olive oil and turn it on to medium heat. Cut the bread into 1/2 inch-3/4 inch slices then pan fry them until they are light brown. While the bread is cooking add salt, pepper, and garlic powder to the tomato basil mixture.


Once the bread has browned add the tomato mixture then ENJOY!!



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...