Wednesday, October 15, 2008

IE6 is still around???!?!??

Today I had to deal with the fact that some people refuse to update their computers. We have customers who for some stupid reason refuse to upgrade from Internet Explorer 6 to Internet Explorer 7. IE6 is so outdated it's not even funny. It was ok when it first came out, in 2001! In the world of computers 7 year old is ancient, almost unusable. But we have to retrogress our software to fix that outdated, almost unusable, software.

If anyone reading this is still using IE6, please, please, please, upgrade now. (for those who use it at work, just ask (and ask and ask) until they get it for you)

IE7 is more secure, faster, has tabs, renders smarter, has less bugs, and looks better. IE6 is a pain in the butt for all developers across the world.\

Sorry, just had to rant somewhere...

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

You know you secretly dislike all IE. You wish everyone used firefox. Don't deny it!

GordonTucker said...

I actually don't care for Firefix (I always have trouble writing working html for it.. go figure). I prefer IE7 over firefox in most aspects.

I do wish everyone used the same rendering engine though...

Barlow said...

Firefox!!!! Firefox!!!!

Brenda said...

um...I wish I could say something inteligent on the subject, but I think keeping my mouth shut is the best way for me to not look like a computer idiot here.

Anonymous said...

So I hope that I don't fall in that category. To be honest, none of that made since. I trust that my husband won't let my computer be that outdated though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...